Friday 12 October 2012

Mr Blue Sky - The Story of Jeff Lynne and ELO

Last Friday BBC4 played Mr Blue Sky - The Story of Jeff Lynne and ELO and what an ace documentary it was. Lynne came across as a humble, down to earth decent kind of bloke, just as you'd expect. Great old clips and new interviews with Macca, Ringo and Tom Petty. Check it out on the BBC iPlayer while you can here.

The Electric Light Orchestra are my Dad's all time fave band and were the soundtrack to many a car journey while growing up.  I heard Jeff Lynne's new album "Long Wave" yesterday and it's pretty good. 

I wonder if the BBC are planning a documentary on Roy Wood? The radio doc, Record Producers - Roy Wood (2 hour long extended cut) is well worth tracking down. Originally aired on 6Music a couple of years ago and was a real treat. I'm sure it can be downloaded somewhere on the net.

Here's Jeff & Roy together in the Move in 1972 with a killer studio performance of "California Man".  I can watch this over and over...

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, cool that you have used one of my drawings. Cicky

    ReplyDelete